NURSERY ADMISSIONS POLICY
Academic Year 2023-24
Welcome to all our prospective parents! Please read and familiarize yourself with the following:
• Children will be admitted in the TERM AFTER their 3rd birthday. If you are in receipt of a 2 year old code from Waltham Forest we may be able to take your child the term that they turn 3 dependent on space.
• If there are not enough spaces to admit all of the children, we will give priority to children:
o seeking only the 15 free hours, in order to meet our obligation to the local community o who are in public care or fostered under an arrangement made by the Local Authority o with known disabilities, additional needs, or social problems (referred from another agency)
o whose parent(s) work at South Grove Primary School o who have had siblings who previously attended the nursery o who live in close proximity to the school - proof of address required
• South Grove Nursery can accommodate 40 children in the morning and 40 children in the afternoon (main sessions) and a limited number of children for Breakfast Club, Lunch (priority to 30hrs Feee) (all of which are to be paid for sessions) and After School Club .
• We cannot take children who are in nappies unless there is a specific medical reason. The Nursery staff can encourage children who are in the final stages of potty training to use the toilet on a regular basis. If your child is at this stage please discuss this with the nursery staff.
Nursery Terms and Conditions
• South Grove Primary School Nursery only operates within the school term time dates (38 weeks per year).
• A Nursery place at South Grove does NOT secure a place in the mainstream school or Special Resourced Provision. You must apply centrally before the academic year your child turns 5 (i.e. children with D.O.B 01/09/19- 31/08/20 will apply during Autumn 2023 before the deadline of 14.1.24)
• Where you are offered, and accept, "paid for" sessions (not the 15 free hours for all, or the 30 hours free entitlement for some parents) it is expected that you will commit to these days/times for a half term at a time. Any changes will require a half term's notice.
• Invoices must be paid in full in advance for the half term in order to secure the place going forward. If payment is not received you will not be able to continue with the extra sessions until all debts are paid and then only if there is still space.
• The following options are available:
• CHILDREN MUST BE IN NURSERY BY THE START OF THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON SESSION TIMES (8:50am and 12:20pm)
• When you complete the Initial Interest form we will need you to provide us with proof of your child's date of birth and proof of your address
Children entitled to 15 free hours only - this is available to everyone
A) 15 FREE HOURS - MORNINGS OR AFTERNOONS ONLY
1. A Morning Session Nursery place- 8:50am - 11:50pm 5 days per week OR
2. An Afternoon Session Nursery place- 12:20-3:20pm 5 days per week
B) Additional PAID PROVISION (SEE CHARGES ON SEPARATE TIMINGS REQUEST SHEET)
a. BREAKFAST CLUB
b. AFTER-SCHOOL CLUB (limited places)
c. ADDITIONAL PAID MORNING OR AFTERNOON SESSIONS (BEYOND THE 15 HOURS - this must be for the full week we cannot offer just a few full days)
d. LUNCH TIME (11:50 - 12:20pm) - parents need to provide a packed lunch
Children entitled to up to 30 Free hours - please check eligibility- please note spaces are limited.
C) FREE 30 HOURS OVER FIVE DAYS, WITH CHILDREN STAYING DURING THE LUNCHTIME PERIOD (parents need to provide a packed lunch but the extra time of the lunchtime is not an additional cost). Please note - children must be in Nursery from 8:50am until 3:20 pm on five days. The school will need to check the eligibility code before this can be offered.
D) Additional PAID PROVISION (SEE CHARGES ON SEPARATE TIMINGS REQUEST SHEET)
a. BREAKFAST CLUB
b. AFTER-SCHOOL CLUB (limited spaces)