What is the Sports premium?
The sports premium is government funding allocated to primary schools to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sports on offer.
This means the premium should be used to:
- Develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that the school already offers
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
South Grove is committed to using the sports premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, with the target that at least 30 of the 60 minutes daily physical activity recommended by the Chief Medical Office happens at school.
- Raising the profile of PE and sports across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Sports Premium 2022 - 2023
The school's expenditure for 2022-2023 can be found below.